Up to 20-25 hours per week
This part-time Administration Program Assistant position is with the
The position will operate at a Boys & Girls Club administration office. Job responsibilities encompass services associated with all aspects of the Club’s operations, fundraising and development and programs and requires a solid and loyal team member who is equally open to and adept at executing professional-level responsibilities and everyday office tasks.
- Two and/or four-year college degree preferred.
- Prior experience in youth development, especially with Boys & Girls Clubs, preferred.
- Experience in office management and strong proficiency with MicroSoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Creativity and flexibility are a must.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Pass a drug testing and criminal background check.
(include but are not limited to the following)
- Serve as organization’s front-line of communication – answering and responding to telephone, email and social inquiries; communicating / forwarding electronic voice and email messages to intended/appropriate recipients; greeting guests to Club facilities.
- Provide administrative support for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the Club’s programs, services and activities.
- Maintain Club’s daily attendance along with program and assessment data in the membership tracking system.
- Maintain annual funding calendar and track grant application and reporting dates and statuses to ensure timely submissions.
- Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation including monthly attendance reports for CEO and board of directors; work with program directors and bookkeeper to compile and submit quarterly program and financial reports for federal grants and annual reports for BGCA and final reports for grant funders. (In accordance with GAAP for nonprofits: (1.) BGCSECT deposits are prepared by admin, deposited by CEO and recorded by bookkeeper. (2.) BGCSECT A/P are prepared by admin, authorized by CEO and recorded and paid by bookkeeper.)
- Ensure that all documents (especially bookkeeping, finance, contract, personnel and member files) – hard and soft copy – are maintained in neat, organized filing system.
- Manage the Club’s administrative and financial resources and control expenditures for supplies against budget.
- Prepare deposits and accounts payable for recording by bookkeeper.
- Monitor and update organization’s social media and web sites.
- Support fundraising and development committee with data, reports meetings, events and other fundraising initiatives as needed
- Maintain positive, productive relationship with and provides information to the staff and administration of partner schools.
- Interpret Boys & Girls Club purposes to individuals, schools and community.
- Ability to organize, create efficient processes and procedures and bring tasks to completion.
- Ability to deal and communicate effectively with a broad cross-section of people.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents, donors and community leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to approved organizational policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with adults, youth, community groups and
organizations (written and oral).
OPEN DATE: 4/26/2016 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Submit Resume and Application to:
Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern CT
PO Box 1849
New London, CT 06320
Attention: Catherine Foley, CEO