Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Connecticut (BGCSECT) is offering an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our dynamic, forward-thinking team. We rely on the dedication of caring employees to provide a safe, nurturing environment for kids to learn and grow. We take pride in our highly skilled, diverse and committed workforce. BGCSECT staff members are educators, coaches, artists, mentors, community leaders and ambassadors. Join a team of passionate individuals who are working to make a difference for kids.
Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern Connecticut (BGCSECT) in close partnership with the C. B. Jennings Dual Language Elementary Magnet School (Jennings School) in New London plans an outcome-driven after-school enrichment program for students in grades 3, 4, and 5. Working hand-in-hand to achieve mutually shared goals for student success, Jennings School and BGCSECT are committed to an integrated collaboration that includes sharing of time, talent, and resources to effectively work to lower the achievement gap, foster healthy lifestyles and good character and citizenship. The synergy provided by Jennings School’s curricula, resources (facility, equipment, training) and BGCSECT’s outcome-driven afterschool enrichment program, coupled with parent engagement and close collaboration and commitment to mutually shared goals, culturally responsive classroom / program management and consistent positive behavior interventions and supports is poised to transform the school climate and positively impact students’/Club member’s academic achievement.
|The part-time youth development specialist position with BGCSECT, a member of Boys & Girls Club of America, (15-25 hours per week) will provide after school programming for youth in grade 3, 4, and 5 at a school site. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning, developing and implementing programs in a variety of core areas; providing guidance and discipline for youth; and working with parents and partners for the success of the youth.|
- Demonstrated experience working with youth in an after school, camp, tutoring, or coaching setting
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
- High School Diploma or a General Educational Development Certificate and knowledge of youth development with a minimum of two years of experience in youth programs
- Prior experience in youth development, especially with Boys & Girls Clubs, preferred
- Creativity and flexibility are a must
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to approved organizational policies and procedures
- Bilingual proficiency in English / Spanish) a major plus
- Cultural competency in working with Latino and African-American populations
- Must pass drug testing and national background check
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite applications
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and mobile telephone a must
- CPR, First Aid and Public Service License a plus
- Establishes a program setting that insures the health and safety of Club members.
- Develops positive, productive relationships with youth.
- Develops plans and conducts programs and activities that appeal to youth in grades 3-5.
- Provides homework and tutoring assistance to youth.
- Provides guidance support services to youth.
- Promotes and markets programs to youth, families and community members.
- Implements programs that attract youth; reflect the needs of youth are guidance oriented and respond in a timely manner to community needs.
- Maintains positive, productive relationship with and provides information to the staff and administration of partner schools.
- Interpret Boys & Girls Club purposes to individuals, schools and community.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with adults, youth, community groups and organizations (written and oral).
- Effectively organize, work in a collaborative environment, be flexible.
OPEN DATE: 9/6/2017 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLUB LOCATION & HOURS:
C.B. Jennings Dual Language Magnet School
Club Hours: M-F 2:45 PM – 6:30 PM
Club Start Date: Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Training Dates (TBA) during week of October 2-6, 2017.